Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
it is OBX. imitation of GREDDY. personally OBX products arent that great.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
The quality of OBX gear is a little iffy, but not too bad. Personally, if I were doing a full cat-back, I would find a universal muffler you like and have custom mandrel-bent piping done. It'll be cheaper than a premade system and just as good.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
samo said:
The quality of OBX gear is a little iffy, but not too bad. Personally, if I were doing a full cat-back, I would find a universal muffler you like and have custom mandrel-bent piping done. It'll be cheaper than a premade system and just as good.
but sometimes the universal muffler drone like a mofo:(

this is a direct bolt on, so that is a huge plus
it looks pretty good
not a bad alternative for people ona budget

·
Banned
302 Posts
I'm thiking about getting exhaust done on my '97 200 sx se and was wondering what the best parts were to get fo rthe most power? I've heard that a 2 inch opening is the best, is this true? What would be good prices for getting exhaust/getting it done? What differencces come from getting the exhaust? Is the "low, rumble" sound really loud? Thanks.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Yea, if the piping were 2 inches, it would be an alright deal.....

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I know you can buy the mandrel bends on jcwhitney but I dont know which one to get. I was looking at the 180 degree U bends. Inlet diameter 1 7/8 " and Outlet Diameter of 2". Is this the one I need?? I heard also to buy three of them. Is this true also??

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Yeah, the B14 GReddy is 60mm pipiing, which is too large to work well on a 1.6. However, the B13 GReddy is 50mm, which is awesome, since that's perfect.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
samo said:
Yeah, the B14 GReddy is 60mm pipiing, which is too large to work well on a 1.6. However, the B13 GReddy is 50mm, which is awesome, since that's perfect.
If you're spending that kinda money I would suggest Stromung....perfect for our cars...those guys have fit tested many many Nissan in the last several months... They got it down

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry about that, didn't really pay attention. I had no clue this was for the b14. I have a b13 with the GReddy SP exhaust and it's amazing!

Mike is right though, with my next Nissan, I'll be going with Stromung for sure!

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I dont doubt that Stromung is good, in fact i know its good because i have seen some dyno results. Its just that some people dont really like the muffler that it comes with. So youre shelling out over $500 for a catback exhaust plus about another $200 for another muffler. The Greddy exhaust is really nice and sounds good. Dont know how up to par it is with the Stromung though.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
How much is the Stromung cat back and muffler?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You gotta be crazy to spend that much on an exhaust, especially considering the miniscule gains you'll get. If you can afford to spend that much, instead, buy stainless mandrel bends and mufflers and only have to do it once. I'd bet you could do it for less than $600.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Im going with mandrel bends. I just dont know how many 180 degree U-bends to get. I heard I only need 3. I seen some on JCwhitney. The inlet diameter is 1 7/8" and the outlet is 2". Are these the ones I need??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
samo said:
so that means that you can get a b13 exhaust system from greddy? that will fit the b14 200sx? or is it just the piping? could someone that had a greddy exhaust on their 200 tell me what they did?

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
TheNatrix said:
Sorry about that, didn't really pay attention. I had no clue this was for the b14. I have a b13 with the GReddy SP exhaust and it's amazing!

Mike is right though, with my next Nissan, I'll be going with Stromung for sure!
The only thing I could imagine some people wouldn't like about the muffler would be that it doesn't have a giant ricey tip on it...

But look closer... It's double walled and resonated inside... The internals of the muffler are the striaght through design... perfect for performance.....

Damn I'm starting to sound like a Stromung salesman....hahaha

bottom line...The performance is great, the sound is great.... but it doesn't have a big 5" tip and doesn't sound like a whiney ass Honda..haha

It cost about the same as a GReddy... maybe a little cheaper... even cheaper if you get in one of the group deasl.... The quality of the piping and flanges is much better than most on the market.

Plus these guys stepped up to the plate to make them for our community when no one else would... For that reason alone I'll support them...

http://wwww.nissanperformancemag.com/march02/stromung.shtml

1 - 20 of 29 Posts