Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the 1/4 mile who do u think would win, a 1.6 200sx or a 2003 r/t neon. my 200 has exhaust, intake, header, advanced ignition timing, flywheel, clutch, underdrive pulley, and its gutted out. the neon has an exhaust, intake, pulley and its gutted out. lets get some future outcomes here...

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
those have 150hp stock(or more, i'm not positive), prolly runs 15s stock. it'll win. you will lose.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You gonna get smoked, playa. those r/t's are pretty quick.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the r/t neon does a 16.1 stock. all he has is an intake exhaust and pulley. i run a 16.2 wit an exhaust, intake, and advanced ignition timing. when i run him, i'll have a clutch, flywheel, header, pulley, and im gutting the car out. I don't think i'll get smoked. i think it will be a close race or i'll end up smokin him.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
bling said:
the r/t neon does a 16.1 stock. all he has is an intake exhaust and pulley. i run a 16.2 wit an exhaust, intake, and advanced ignition timing. when i run him, i'll have a clutch, flywheel, header, pulley, and im gutting the car out. I don't think i'll get smoked. i think it will be a close race or i'll end up smokin him.
Then why did you ask? And the RT SHOULD run faster than 16.1 with a good driver. At any rate just race him and find out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wes said:
Then why did you ask? And the RT SHOULD run faster than 16.1 with a good driver. At any rate just race him and find out.
i just wanted another opinion, because i see alot of ga16de owners don't have faith in their car. Im going to run him and i'll make sure i'll post the outcome.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
not to sound like a dick or anything...but u will lose..unless u get lucky or if hes a bad driver. oh, and its not that GA owners dont have faith in their cars....its just that a lot of them have REALISTIC expectations of their cars potential.....i mean, the GA is a good motor, im not gonna knock it, i had one and liked it. too bad i couldnt go turbo on it...thats where the GA shines:) just ask wes!

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Ask anyone who does SCCA soloII racing. Like WES. Quick cars. Great drivability on the course. Everyone blew me away on the track....but then that's ME driving. ;) The R/T was almost MADE for autocrossing. Look at the accessories WE have compared to the R/T.

The R/T, iirc, doesn't have Air, cruise, etc. Ours has, at least mine, has air, cruise, sunroof. The Neon, WITH the bad engine ;), will blow us away. Not the SE-R though! :D

·
Moved on...Ciao!
629 Posts
The Dodge/Plymouth Neon?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Neons are the biggest heaps of garbage ever made (I know this by firsthand experience)! Why not just get a Focus? Or a Fiat?!

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
well, im not sure about that, my parents just bought a white SRT-4 today and when i test drove it i had to say that i fell in love, cant to wrong with factory turbo....though im not to fond of the wheels, look fugly IMO.
Gonna go pick it up after my dad gets off work at 1:30 so i got about an hour to go.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
recycled_toddler said:
The Dodge/Plymouth Neon?
Neons are the biggest heaps of garbage ever made (I know this by firsthand experience)
As do I! For the money it's a very decent SoloII car. I'm not talking about it being the best car money can buy. I'm stating the FACT that it is great for autocrossing. THE FIRST version of the Neon RT 1995-1999. Not the latest version. Hell I ran mine until it had 145,000 miles on it. I wouldn't call a car that lasts THAT long garbage.....but of course you know first hand. :rolleyes:

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
those r/t's come with 150hp iirc...your ga has 115....lets play a role and imagine both drivers are about the same in skill....ga is going down, end of discussion.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
recycled_toddler said:
The Dodge/Plymouth Neon?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Neons are the biggest heaps of garbage ever made (I know this by firsthand experience)! Why not just get a Focus? Or a Fiat?!
This is not about which is the biger pile of crap.... This thread is becoming more useless than it previously was. Lats stay remotely on topic alright?

·
Registered
30 Posts
this has got to be the worst b.s. I've ever read as far as the ga16 powered 200sx versus the neon r/t i have first hand experience. my friend has and r/t and i ran him with my comepletely stock 200sx no exhaust no intake nothing and he had ehaust,header, and intake and i stayed with him the whole time. He can drive I've been is the r/t when hes let it go and they're nice but i wouldnt trade my 200sx for anything well maybe for a skyline but thats about it.
P.S. the New srt 4's are bad you better be packin some serious power to run with that turbo machine.

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
That sounds like B.S. to me...... i doubt you could beat an R/T especially stock.....or keep up. Now i wouldnt be calling b.s. on you if you had an SE-R but you dont so that sounds a little far fetched to me and probably everyone else. Those R/T's are very quick.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.