Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/4 mile x's for Altima SE-r

Has anyone ran the quarter mile with their SE-R yet? Tonight was my first night to run mine bone stock cutting a reaction time of .050 @ 15.1/90 mph. This is done with an auto. I had a 98 buick regal gs that felt much slower than my SE-R but to my surprise it is actually faster than the SE-R. (14.6 @ 94mph). Is this normal X's for the SE-R in auto.?

·
Registered
11 Posts
1/4 mile x's for Altima SE-r

tried to post earlier.
have a 05 altima SE 5 spd auto. track tested last weekend;
reaction .589
1/4 14.06 sec
@ 97.82 mph

Previously replaced large resonator with a 2-1/2 pipe from cat to Y and back. put on a hi flow air filter (green). used premium fuel.
Disengage TCS, start with half throttle burst and follow through to the floor. works every time.consistent 14.7 and 14.6.
Looking for new tricks.
I've ordered a G box from nextlevelracing.com that is supposed to give an extra 12-15 hp at thew wheels. hooks up in minutes.

Tried a tornado air flow gadget-it's a hindrence to everything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, you really tried that G box? What did you find? I find the theory sound, about fooling the ECU, but I worry about its quality, and how it may end up screwing things up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
eddieg said:
Hey, you really tried that G box? What did you find? I find the theory sound, about fooling the ECU, but I worry about its quality, and how it may end up screwing things up?
I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet and won't for another 2 weeks. It looks fairly simple.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Best times are in my sig...

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
cjbaldw said:
From Denys earlier where I reported a 1/4 time in my SE AT 14.06. IT SOULD HAVE BEEN 14.60 sec.

Seems like the SE-R has it to date at 14.36. Shouldn't take much for you to get into the 13's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go Box test

eddieg said:
I finally got around to hook up the box and gave it a try. I would call this a preliminary test at this point.

The conditions under which I tested it yesterday weren't the same as the test before adding it. The temperature and humidity was much higher and also I was using fuel that was 3 octane points less than when I did the 14.60 test a month ago. Also my tank had twice the fuel in it than the first test. Other vehicles yesterday at the track were taking a time hit of at least 2-3 tenths of a second than in better weather conditions. In summary, worse climate conditions, more weight and lower grade of fuel.

With all that being said, with the box on the maximum setting I ran 14.69 sec at 97 mph. The next run I set the G Box down a notch and my time dropped to 14.78 secs at 95.5 mph then turning it off completely I ran 14.83 at 95.16 mph. It appears that the box may give almost .2 sec (2 tenths) advantage. I will be checking my fuel consumption later. Also I'm considering a dyno test as well in the near future.

I'd be intetrested to here of any other economical performance tricks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts