Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a 93 SE-R with 16 degrees timing, HS Header (5th Gen) and a JWT clutch.

3 weeks ago I went to the dragstrip in Earlville Iowa and pulled off a 15.214 @ 90.06mph. This seems a little fast for the mods I have, and I was wondering how much wind can help both ET and trap speeds.

I have run my car at the strip in Cedar Falls before with a best of 15.651 @ 87.22mph, but since that time I have done a FULL tuneup (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, timing (it was at 11 degrees), MAF reground, TB cleaning). I was just wondering how much was due to the tuneup/timing (SOTP says a LOT), and how much was wind assist (the track runs west-east and we had a crossing tailwind directly out of the NW at 6-12mph......)?

Any ideas/comments?

Also, since the timing etc, my top speed has bumped up from @127mph/6200rpm to 130-131mph/6400rpm.........so I KNOW i got some power out of it......still cant outrun my roomates Probe GT though.:D

Z

·
0 Posts
Doesn't sound that out of the ordinary for your mods. That Hotshot header alone is good for at least 2 MPH over stock, and stock you should be running in the 87-88 MPH area. It sounds like your tuneup cleared up some issues you were having, and now you're where you should be. :)

I also ran a 90 MPH trap speed in my NX2000 with a Hotshot header and intake.

I suggest the next things you get should be a CAI, a JWT ECU and JWT cams. You don't have to get them all at once, but they will ALL add a good amount of HP. ~8 wheel HP for the CAI, ~10 wheel HP for the ECU, and depending on which cams you get, probably over 10 wheel HP for those too. Possibly more. With those 3 mods you can probably net a solid 20 wheel HP over what you have now, especially considering that your car seems to be in excellent running condition right now.

S

·
0 Posts
my NX is stock except for the air filter and i ran a 15.3 at 88 MPH. im sure i can hit a 15.2 though cause my 15.3 timeslip 60ft was 2.2 and my last run i got a 2.1 60ft but i miss shifted in that run.

·
MFCoEJ Juror
242 Posts
Umm, your wondering why yours is so fast. I pulled a 16.0/80mph in my 1.6, according to the GTech my buddy had with him. Now according to what your saying, mine is extremely fast, but yet its still only stock. How the hell is my car this fast???

·
Registered
59 Posts
In line with all the previous, those times don't seem far from normal at all. I have a laundary list of mods on my 1.6 and I shaved almost a full second off my 1/4 times this past summer. Its down to a 15.3 from a 16.2. I say keep it up, she'll only get faster... then put that Found On Roadside Dead to shame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts