Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious to see what 1/4 mile times anyone has, if they have tried racing their car. I would just like to know, If so what mods do you have?:cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
there's only one way to find out.... and that's to actually do it... sorry i can't tell from experience, but i don't drag race... you should look at back issues of motor trends... i know you're gonna have to look way back, but it's worth it... you'll be getting a 1/4 mile reading that's virtually free of any errors...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have actually raced my car, my best time was a [email protected], that is pretty crappy.
All I had at the time is my intake and a short shifter.

problem
#1. no tachometer at that time, just listening to the motor.

#2. also had my 17s on, heavier than stock more overall tire diameter.

once summer rolls around, and the track opens up, I will have more mods by then and plus am going to get my winter rims, take my studded tires off and get some decent somewhat performance tire, (13" stock size) and put two on the front. that should help alot.

I saw on a site that the stock sentra runs a 17.3 but that was a stat for a 95, and I also saw a stat on a site it said 19 flat for 95-99. So I dont know which one to believe.

thats why I was curious to see what anyone else was running.:cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have a 200 and i ran 16.7 stock and had a bad clutch when i 1st got it this year. now i have intake exhaust, fine tuned the car and advanced timing and new clutch....i dunno wut i run now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have a sleeper. i have ran a 14.9 @ 91mph, with a reaction time of .505. did i mention that i can drive too.

engine: custom ram air intake, headers, high flow cat, 2 1/4 '' manderal bend cat back exhaust, wires plugs, MSD ignition, 15 degree advanced ignition timing, and i only run 91 octane with octane booster, so its ussally up to about 97 98. and its been tuned by River Rock Motors out of placerville.

drive train: j-spec ga15 tranny thats been built by tarco with a lower final gear ratio, stage 4 4puck clutch by ACT, unothadox racing aluinium flywheel (only 8 lbs.)

rollers:and i run 13'' wheels at the strip.

now you understand my SN.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
14.9.....hmmm....cant wait to see what I run. :D By the time I run the 1/4, I should be doing a 14.6 in my auto....based solely on Hondaeater's time. :) Although, I'd be happy with a 15...something. :)

By the way, I'm in no way being sarcastic, nor do I disbelieve him...totally.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Right

motivational1 said:
Wes,
I was going to ask the same thing. If it is true, it would be the fastest NA GA16DE. I've only run 15.6:mad:
My best so far was a 15.8 @85 prior to head work and cams, I have yet to run it with the new setup. I feel your pain!

I know a final drive change would help, but I don't believe it would help THAT much. His other mods would make it a Flat 16 second car, possibly high 15's depending on Trim and weight reduction.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
haven't ever ran at a 1/4 track...but i run at my local 1/8 about every week that i can. so far the best ive ran is 11.05 @ i think 64mph. 60' was a 2.5xx. need to get a launch down and i know i need some d/r's. mods: maf adapter and filter, 15 degree timing, 2 1/4" crush bent exhaust w/magnaflow muffler, interior from the rear seat to the trunk totally stripped...and thats about it for performance..oh yeah and an act stage 1 clutch and a short throw shifter.

·
Registered
152 Posts
hmmm. wes
you don't have to lie to your fellow nissan owners. you can lie to the hondas that you supposedly eat. we arent retarted bro. we do have common sense and unless your Mike Young with NOS, you won't be running 14 anything. specially in a sentra without slicks. good try though. you might have fooled several people.

N

·
0 Posts
i have a cai, header, 2 1/4 exhaust, ngk plugs /wires, indigospeed fliwheel and act clutch i was wondering what do you guys think my times might be??( 200sx ga16)

N

·
0 Posts
i also have a zex nitris kit i cant decide if i want to sell it or install ..... any one interested?

N

·
0 Posts
first of all im new hear and sorry for posting 3 times in a row but, i see where you guys talk about 15 degree timing..... im not sure of the stock timing or how to get 15 degree timing any help would bee very coo

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Timing.

Do a search or check out the sentra.net technical section. It will answer your timing questions and MANY more.

As for your car, you know th eanswer to that, take it to the track and see what she does.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts