Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to carstats.com, a 95 GXE should run a 1/4 mile in 17.3 seconds and 0-60 in 9.6 seconds. Personally i think this is b/s. No way it has 115 hp and only run 17.3 seconds. I have a 96 GXE and want to know if anyone has run faster than this stock. Can someone please prove me wrong

·
Platinum
462 Posts
I ran slower non-stock.

My car (The America's slowest B14) just ran heart breaking 18.1 sec last week. That was actually the best run of the day.

My car is 5speed GA16 powered 200sx. It has K&N fliter, exhaust, H$ header, $tillen flywheel, ACT clutch, and C's short shifter, and run 18.1 @ 74mph. I got killed by a stock 4door Civic LX by .2 sec. Car used to run 17.8 two years ago without a header.

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
Re: I ran slower non-stock.

CarbonBlack200 said:
My car (The America's slowest B14) just ran heart breaking 18.1 sec last week. That was actually the best run of the day.

My car is 5speed GA16 powered 200sx. It has K&N fliter, exhaust, H$ header, $tillen flywheel, ACT clutch, and C's short shifter, and run 18.1 @ 74mph. I got killed by a stock 4door Civic LX by .2 sec. Car used to run 17.8 two years ago without a header.
W/all those mods? seriously? @74mph?....WFT?
gotta see to believe...

·
Platinum
462 Posts
it is true

my friend filmed this whole thing. There were like 5000 people watching us race and people were laughing at my slow car. I wanted to cry when I saw that video.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Geez.
Sorry to hear that. I would like to peep that vid too. I havent timed myself yet but Im not near 17 seconds with basically the same mods. What makes that possible?

·
Registered
327 Posts

I ran a 16.8 at [email protected] 84.6mph,needless to say my clutch was stinky after that... intake[home made cool air]timing advanced to 15 degrees and the stock 14's, minus the donut in the trunk with the gas light bright red..its was the best time for me to date..oh yeah it is important to reset your ecu after mods..
our ecu's have a leaning or adjusting mod that takes about 5 to 15 minites of diving after the reset to adjust..

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With a homemade intake, timing advance and you ran a 16.8? Was your intake a custom CAI?? or short ram. Why did you advance it to 15 degrees?? What kind of gasoline were you running?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Re: 16.8

SXSENIS said:

our ecu's have a leaning or adjusting mod that takes about 5 to 15 minites of diving after the reset to adjust..
is that so?! how do you know? so if I drive really hard, 15 min after I reset my ECU it's gonna have a rich curve? and if I drive like granny I'm going to have a leaner curve tendency later?

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OKay after you do a major mod such as a cold air intake for example. More air is coming and its colder. When you reset the ecu, you have to let it idle for about 5-10 minutes to make new curves and such. Then you drive it for awhile, it might bog but thats normal. The ecu realizes more air is coming in because of the CAI so it sends more fuel. Do you get it now??

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got it, but I don't think thats the case. I reset ECU many times and had CAI and many other boltons.

I stand corrected: from nissanperformancemagazine

On our cars, it may help to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the self-learning function of the ECU so the ECU can relearn the new mixture required. It may take a little driving for the engine's ECU to adjust to the intake so you can get all of the power possible out of them. Generally the engine will run better and better for the first 20 or so minutes of engine operation after installing the intake.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It was sort of a ram cool air?I used a weapon-r intake tube thae i got cheap used w/o fiter..bought a reactive heatshield filter and some "i think it was 4 but maybe 4.5 inches" air duct tubing...
I ran it to just under my front left headlight "had to smash it down
kinda flat so it would be oval"..I even made a hole for my air temp
sensor....i dont know but when your going about 30mph and you stomp it ;it jumps forward and pulls hard...its fairly qiut til abot 36 to 4 hundred rpms...Then it growls...souds great, but you have to
clean the filter alot but i think i have fix" stainless steal screan as a inlet pre filter or screaner"...

Anyway that was awhile ago but now its got over 80k miles..
still peppy but not quit as quick...Thats way I'm going with a header and custom exhaust..the rest of my part should be in soon....cat, 31.5 inch glass pack, and o2 bung...looking at a reactive speeder muff..its about 18.5 inches with a mild 3 inch tip
I want it quit as possible....

·
Registered
327 Posts
It was sort of a ram cool air?I used a weapon-r intake tube thae i got cheap used w/o fiter..bought a reactive heatshield filter and some "i think it was 4 but maybe 4.5 inches" air duct tubing...
I ran it to just under my front left headlight "had to smash it down
kinda flat so it would be oval"..I even made a hole for my air temp
sensor....i dont know but when your going about 30mph and you stomp it ;it jumps forward and pulls hard...its fairly qiut til abot 36 to 4 hundred rpms...Then it growls...souds great, but you have to
clean the filter alot but i think i have fix" stainless steal screan as a inlet pre filter or screaner"...

Anyway that was awhile ago but now its got over 80k miles..
still peppy but not quit as quick...Thats way I'm going with a header and custom exhaust..the rest of my part should be in soon....cat, 31.5 inch glass pack, and o2 bung...looking at a reactive speeder muff..its about 18.5 inches with a mild 3 inch tip
I want it quit as possible....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts