Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day! I have an 09 Xterra with blower issues. This summer it had quit blowing on all speeds (heat still comes) and I changed out the resistor. It worked great for a short period and stopped again. I then changed out the blower motor (from RockAuto) and nothing. I decided to go to the local Nissan dealer for a new resistor to go along with the new motor. Still nothing. Now this morning I installed a new blower from Nissan and am still in the same boat.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Aaron

· Registered
3,822 Posts
There are two parallel 15A fuses for the blower, make sure the bad motor didn't simply take them out. They both need to be good, replacing just one will cause it to blow again.

Does your system have a traditional resistor system with 3 dials or a VBC system with 2 dials? The blower drive setup is very different for each, it will help to know which one you have.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are two parallel 15A fuses for the blower, make sure the bad motor didn't simply take them out. They both need to be good, replacing just one will cause it to blow again.

Does your system have a traditional resistor system with 3 dials or a VBC system with 2 dials? The blower drive setup is very different for each, it will help to know which one you have.
My system has just the 2 dials.

· Registered
3,822 Posts
Then check for power at the White/Green wire on the blower, and check for power at both fuses. If there's power at the fuses but not the motor, you probably have a bad Blower Relay. That's in the Fuse & Relay Box at the right rear of the engine compartment.

· Registered
3,822 Posts
The inlet filter of the blower is blocked, and the corresponding solution is to clean the inlet filter?
If an HVAC inlet gets blocked you get a different problem, the blower motor will go into hyperdrive but no air will come through. The principle is the same as blocking the hose on a vacuum cleaner, the impeller speeds up because it has nothing to push on and isn't doing any work. The same thing occurs when airflow to any sort of blower is blocked or occluded.

· Registered
3,822 Posts
Did you check if there's juice at the motor W/G wire? If there's juice at that terminal then the relay isn't the problem and you need to check stuff downstream from the motor and not upstream. If there isn't juice, the next thing is to check if the relay is turning on. Try jumping out the pins on the secondary (contact side) of the relay connector and see if the blower works. If so, there's a problem with either the ignition signal to the relay (small W/G on pin 1) or the relay ground (small Black on pin 2).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts