Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 09 Maxima with 89k mi. After driving the car for a few days I noticed slight drifting from side to side, and I am constantly compensating to keep the car in a straight line. Had the dealership perform an alignment, which was slightly out, but I still have the drifting problem. I don't believe this is a Torque Steer issue even though the car exhibits some Torque Steer. This weekend I am going to have the tires balanced and rotated to see if this helps.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rogoman, sorry for posting such a late reply. I ended up taking the car to another dealership and they found damage under the front end of the car that could have damaged the control arm, part of the protective shield at the front of the car missing. I took this info back to the dealership where I purchased the car and had a meeting with the GM of the shop. The used car manager made me a deal on another maxima on the lot. I traded the damaged car back in.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,165 Posts
Good to hear about the trading of the damaged car. I wonder if that dealership knew about the damage. That's one reason I like to buy Certified Pre-owned used cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts