Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna take this to the dealer (of course) but I was just wondering if anyone else out there has problems starting their car? Pressing the brake and pushing start only makes the lights come on then off. It takes about 5 times or so before it gets to start. Even when putting the fob in the console doesn't work. Could it be possibly be a dead battery? It does start after awhile but it should start right away...that being a new car. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2008 Altima 3.5 SL. yesterday I tryed to start and no dash light or noise at all. Checked everything to make sure it was set to start. nothing. I put the fob in the port and the sam reaction, nothing. I should not say nothein in both instanses the ingintion would cyle from off to acc to on. and a dash light ( car with key ) would glow temperarly. the dome lights worked. I had some power, but not enought to engage the starter.
I called road sid service and they sent out a jump. It jumped right away. I drove it to Nissan dealer and they check out the total electric sytem and it cheked out prefectly. No bad battery are Volt reg ect.
I did have the headlights on Auto mode. This moring I waited to see if the head lights turned off. they did. I don't have an answer but I want to add to you thread and see if any others have had the same thing.

·
Nissan Technician
118 Posts
The '07 and up Altimas come from the factory with weak batteries. We have 3 a week come in with this complaint. A new battery ALWAYS fixes the concern. The problem is, the battery tester Nissan makes it's dealers use often will not see a problem with the battery, and if it doesn't give us a failure code, we can't get the warranty claim paid.

I love Nissan, and I work at a dealership. This is not the dealer's fault. This is Nissan not taking care of a mistake that they continue to make.

----------------
Now playing: Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
via FoxyTunes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.