Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had heater hose assmbly break and sprayed coolant on the fuse box. Car ran then all of a sudden stopped and dont start back up. It turns over just don't run. I blew out the fuse box and checked all fuses I could. Don't have meter to check relays. Fuses are all good. What next?

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,675 Posts
Had heater hose assmbly break and sprayed coolant on the fuse box. Car ran then all of a sudden stopped and dont start back up. It turns over just don't run. I blew out the fuse box and checked all fuses I could. Don't have meter to check relays. Fuses are all good. What next?
First disconnect the negative (-) cable from the battery. Unplug harness connectors/fuses that may have been exposed to the sprayed coolant; use a heating hair blower to dry out any possible coolant on the the electrical connections.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First disconnect the negative (-) cable from the battery. Unplug harness connectors/fuses that may have been exposed to the sprayed coolant; use a heating hair blower to dry out any possible coolant on the the electrical connections.
Ok. Been letting it dry out for few days now. Next question. Think I should replace that whole white box? But will get back soon as I get everything dried out.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,473 Posts
Ok. Been letting it dry out for few days now. Next question. Think I should replace that whole white box? But will get back soon as I get everything dried out.
It's technically not a fuse box, but an IPDM (intelligent powertrain distribution module). It differs from a fuse box in that it has it's own CPU which communicates to the other control modules, such as the ECM and BCM. If the cover was on it, it should have been protected from the coolant. However, if the cover was not installed and coolant got in it, it may have damaged the unit and you may need a replacement IPDM. Used ones from a salvage yard usually run about $75.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts