Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got an 07 altima 2.5S with about 220k miles on it. and recently the car will start and run good for a few minutes but when you’re driving it sounds like it’s upshifting and down shifting a lot. then it hits a certain point where it upshifts a few times and my speedometer stops working and the “KEY” indicator pops up on the dash as well as my rpms will stay at about 2.5. a slight touch to the gas and they jump even higher. it still drives when this happens though. i cant tell if this is my whole transmission or just maybe my tps sensor. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
You really need to run some codes on it to tell what the ECM and TCM are seeing, but off the top, my guess would be the output speed sensor on your tranny is failing. Not a difficult job if that's the issue, but you do need to use shims when replacing it. There's a bulletin NTB11-042 that will show you where the sensor is and the shims to use:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.