Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.. Been reading for a long time, but never registered.

Any way, I came home this evening and when getting out of car my 07 (200k+ miles) was beeping with the key icon lit on dashboard.. seen it before when bump the start button accidently so didn't think much of it. An hour later my neighbor knocks and tells me my lights are on... Go out and the headlights are dimly flashing, can hear a relay clicking in the engine compartment, and dash board and interior lights are also dimly flashing.
I could not turn anything off (turned headlight switchth to Off from Auto, etc) , could not start the car or get any response from start switch.
Pulled the + battery for a few minutes. After connecting back, headlights were now off, but one turn signal was flashing, and the wipers were going slowly even in Off position. Still no response from Start button.

It is raining and dark so pulled battery + and leaving until morning.

Any ideas ? Bad battery or ECM lost it's mind, are 2 things seem to me. But so odd how cannot turn off things.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,341 Posts
It sounds more likely a Body Control Module than an ECM failure. A capable scan tool will be needed to access the system for trouble codes and diagnostic testing. But, before you go through all of that, make sure the battery tests good and the battery cable connections are clean and tight. Always start with the cheap and simple stuff, first!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds more likely a Body Control Module than an ECM failure. A capable scan tool will be needed to access the system for trouble codes and diagnostic testing. But, before you go through all of that, make sure the battery tests good and the battery cable connections are clean and tight. Always start with the cheap and simple stuff, first!
Thanks, never messed with BCM.. Guess that will require reprogramming of keys if it turns out bad.. Great !
But checking other stuff first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well there was corrosion on the battery terminals, cleaned them up, jumped it and it started thankfully ! Went and got a new battery... Hope it all lasts !

Thanks again for BCM idea... Hoping it isn't flaking as seems is a $1300 repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts