Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Well on this past Tuesday my wife had Big O Tires replace the transmission, differential, and 4WD Transfer Case fluids. As soon as she picked up the our 2006 Pathy SE 4WD (automatic) with roughly 38,000 miles on it, now it had has issues going forward into 1st gear from a stop, this only intermittingly. When I took it for a cruise down the highway all of the rest of the gears seem to shift smoothly.

What is this problem caused from?

Supposedly, the owner of the Big O Tires store is going to have a look at it later today when my wife is able to drop it off during her lunch break.

Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nissan says use nothing else but their own.... Even Amsoil says not to use Amsoil for the tranny, use Nissan only...

Automatic transmission fluid (ATF) 10.6 11 1/4 qt 9 3/8 qt Genuine NISSAN Matic J ATF *2

*2: Using automatic transmission fluid other than Genuine NISSAN Matic J ATF will cause deterioration in driveability and automatic
transmission durability, and may damage the automatic transmission, which is not covered by the NISSAN new vehicle limited warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just spoke with a Nissan dealership and they stated the same thing, however they said it will be covered under the powertrain warranty. Then I called Big O Tires back and asked specifically if they used Nissan ATF and they "Yes". Hopefully, the fluid level is just low. We'll see soon. I'll let you all know what happens later this evening.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big O Tires flushed the tranmission again and put the Nissan ATF back in it and so far the problem is no longer present. Hopefully, it stays that way.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It has to be the Matic J..not Nissan D

Matic J is about $7.00 qt.
Matic D is about $4.00 qt.

How much was the flush?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They put the Matic J in it. They did not charge me a second time for the flush though, being it was their mistake for not putting enough fluid in it the first time.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts