Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 pathfinder 46,000 miles has been overheating. It will also run like shit when it starts getting hot. It only goes up to about 3/4 on the gage then cools back down. But some times it will run like its running out of gas when it starts overheating. I can pull over and turn it off and restart and it runs fine. Even cools down to normal. It only does it every once in a while. But it getting worse with time. Its got a new radiator in it since I had a wreck a few months ago also. Any ideas?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sounds like the thermostat is sticking. Make sure you are topped off and replace the thermostat and see if things get better. It doesn't cost much and is one less thing to figure out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the thermostat is sticking. Make sure you are topped off and replace the thermostat and see if things get better. It doesn't cost much and is one less thing to figure out.
Also I forgot the air conditoner goes warm even when the temp gauge is normal. But as soon as the air goes warm the temp goes up. Turn off the air and it goes down. Today it was running under normal to. Still sound like the thermostat?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have had several cars in the past have overheating issues and the culprit was some aluminum casting material that got stuck in the thermostat...

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would still change the thermostat. Since it's not being consistent. As far as your truck running like crap when it gets hot, that's just the symptoms of overheating. You probably should have someone look over the AC system, since you said it's blowing warm air. It could mean there is a leak or the compressor is bad or both and putting extra strain on the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I guess I will replace the themostat this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks guys for the advice!

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's connected to the back of the upper inlet housing. It's on the right side as you are facing the front of the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts