Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I've been trying to revive some cosmetics on my 06 Altima and I've been having a hell of a time trying to find clear advise on how to replace the bottom weather molding on my windshield.

I haven't had any serious issues with the molding, but in high winds it has nearly come clean off of my car and would like to finally remedy this.

Does anyone have advise on how to effectively replace this part? I've yet to order the hardware until I am sure I know how to make the replacement.

Any help will be appreciated!

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,473 Posts
That moulding is part of the cowl cover assembly; it doesn't come separately. The cowl cover is Nissan # 66862-ZL40A and runs about $100+shipping at online dealer sites. Another option would be to try and find a good one at an auto salvage yard. Or, you could try experimenting with something. Maybe get some 4mm silicone vacuum hose the length of the top of the cowl and use a razor to cut a slit through it so it can be slid over the edge of the top of the cowl. You might need to use some silicone adhesive or silicone RTV to get it to stay on. Remove the cowl cover to install this and let the adhesive dry before reinstalling. I can't guarantee that it will work, but it might and won't cost much to try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts