Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
so basically theyre taking all the 04 and older altima's off the lots and putting HYBRID stickers on the sides? cuz thats all i see.

edit: maybe theyre taking some of the '05's. i cant really tell from the photo, one tail looks amber on top, the other looks red on top

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
RBI*04 said:
so basically theyre taking all the 04 and older altima's off the lots and putting HYBRID stickers on the sides? cuz thats all i see.

edit: maybe theyre taking some of the '05's. i cant really tell from the photo, one tail looks amber on top, the other looks red on top
wtf are you smoking? hybrid cars dont have to have motorcycle engines like the prius...they can have beefy engines too. in fact, a hybrid with a 2.5L engine would kick some serious ass at the track because the car is powered by both the engine and a motor on hard acceleration.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
It'll be a fast altima.
A shame the cost of the hybrid is going to be the most expensive altima and the cost of the added stuff is never going to equal the money fuel saved.
But if you are willing to pay more for the same car and have to go to the gas station relatively less, then go for it.
The more wealthy the person, the more able they are to pay for more gas, and the more gas friendly options you have.
it's like people in first class who get internet access. The people who are rich enough to pay for first class aren't going to be killing time on the net on the flight. The tech savvy people will be, and how many of them fly first?

I heard the next 3 years of Toyota Highlander hybrids have already had their deposits paid for. It' gets a 'whopping' 30 mpg at best. Up from around 19. Whoop de do.
Then again stupid people who buy useless cars should get the hybrids because they spend more money and abuse the environment, hmm...
I'm still waiting for a hybrid for the masses, and hybrid school buses and city buses and dump trucks and tow trucks and freight trucks, you know the vehicles that actually use up the oil and produce emissions. Of course those vehicles run on diesel so shouldn't really be running petroluem diesel anyway, but at $1.7 a gallon bulk it's cheaper than $2.5 for bio and money makes the world go round.
Passenger cars do not have the impact they the 'chicken littles' would have you believe.

Seth

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Seth speaks the truth!!

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
the biggest polluters are mass cargo transports like trains and freighters.. fix them up with hybrid and we're golden

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tavel said:
the biggest polluters are mass cargo transports like trains and freighters.. fix them up with hybrid and we're golden
True! My parents live right next to a railway. Everytime i go to their place and a train is rolloing through its like the sun all of a sudden went on vacation. When will we learn?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts