Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nissan X-Trail built in Japan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Does anyone know of a site I can order a mechanics repair manual for a North American 2005 Nissan X-Trail? The ones I've found are not for the NA market and I need to be 100% as I plan on doing engine heart surgery (head gasket). Need to get proper torque as well as timing chain positioning, etc. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan X-Trail built in Japan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Head gasket might be a bandaid fix because the 1st gen QR25DE are prone to oil burning as well. I just went through this with mine.
Ouch. I was hoping to tear her down in front of my garage and use the manual to inspect and go from there. Now you've given me something additional to think about. Either way it will have to be disassembled before I can see and address any other issues. Would still like tht repair manual to keep me honest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ouch. I was hoping to tear her down in front of my garage and use the manual to inspect and go from there. Now you've given me something additional to think about. Either way it will have to be disassembled before I can see and address any other issues. Would still like tht repair manual to keep me honest.
My Apologies . At the core of it, you were looking for the manual and I really didn't help with that. Engine disassembly should be the same as L31 Altima. Because for north America, they were only in Canada, the service manual may be hard to source.

·
Registered
2008 X-trail T30 AT 4x2 2.5L
24 Posts
Hello everyone. Does anyone know of a site I can order a mechanics repair manual for a North American 2005 Nissan X-Trail? The ones I've found are not for the NA market and I need to be 100% as I plan on doing engine heart surgery (head gasket). Need to get proper torque as well as timing chain positioning, etc. Thanks in advance.
Send me a PM, I can share the manual with you (both the non-obd and OBD versions come in the same document)

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Canadian T30 (available only for the '05 and '06 models) only had the one engine, the 2.5l (QR25DE) and it was used in other Nissan models in the US and Canada, for example it was one engine used in the Sentra of that era. I cannot imagine that there were differences in the key features (torques, etc.) between the X-Trail and Sentra engines. Frankly I am not aware that there was a Canadian-specific service manual for the X-Trails sold here. When I first bought my '06 a few years ago I bought online what is clearly an official Nissan service manual (October 2005 edition) because it actually has four separate manuals, one for each T30 revision (Jun 2001 to Aug 2003; Sep 2003 to Dec 2004; Jan 2005 to Sep 2005; and From Oct. 2005). The last version does not include Canadian-specific equipment, such as our DRL, instead it describes the German (or northern European variation). That collection does both 'EURO-OBD' and 'All' (rather confusing) sections for some components.
I did a comparison, for example, of the protocol for tightening the cylinder head bolts for the X-Trail QR25DE versus the '06' Sentra QR25DE and they are the same protocol.
I also have reason to assume that the Canadian X-Trail QR25 was probably identical to the American Sentra equivalent because the first catalytic converter on my vehicle, I discovered when I replaced it (and most the exhaust system), was clearly a California-compliant version (not required in Canada) and my replacement, bought from a US company and clearly described as 49-state compliant (so not Cal.), was indeed smaller in diameter and shorter than my original.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts