Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have replaced the throttle body/throttle positioning sensor and the MAF sensor. but it still surges. runs fine when driving but when you are sitting or have the clutch in it will rev. it's really annoying. plus everyone thinks i wanna race. i'm about to just sell my car! please help me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i haven't. all i did was reset the ecm by disconnecting the battery. what exactly is that? is that another one of the sensors on the intake manifold?

·
Registered
790 Posts
no i haven't. all i did was reset the ecm by disconnecting the battery. what exactly is that? is that another one of the sensors on the intake manifold?
Simply disconnecting the battery will not really reset your ECM unless it's for an extended period of time (overnight). The idle air volume relearn is a process in which your car relearns where it needs to be idling at. The link that I had posted earlier is for the process itself. I suggest using a stop watch to count the seconds in between for accuracy. It may take you more than a couple times to get the timing down correctly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey, i appreciate all the help. my car stopped surging. it runs great! you helped me a lot. i was so tempted to just take my car into nissan and have them diagnose it and fix it. you probably just saved me like anywhere from 300 bucks and up! haha i'm in love with my car again! haha hey you know any wheels that will clear the 4 piston brembo package? i put some sportmax 006's on my car but i had to use spacers. i did put on some arp extended lug studs though so at least i can be a little safer now. ha again, thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts