Nissan Forum banner

05 Spec V radio

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Biscuit 
#1 ·
Okay, for some reason I was under the impression that the CD player in this car read MP3 files. I stuck in a disc full of MP3s this morning and imagine my surpise when not one of the 100+ Led Zepplin tunes played. Now I have never put MP3s on a disc before so perhaps im just a cd rippin idgit.

Is it an issue of compression(11:1 compression ratio on 128bit files)? Are their different MP3 formats and I picked the wrong one(I used the roxio cd program)?

If the CD Player (not changer) is not compatible, can you plug an MP3 player into the auxilary port?

#4 ·
sukebegigi said:
What happened? Your new car didn't come with an owner's manual? I bought an 04 and had no problems sorting out the very basic audio functions and limitations of my 300w Rockford Fosgate package.

Actually I left the manual in the house cause I was reading it at home. I was at work when I posted and couldn't wait till I got home. I didnt get the Rockford Fostgate package. They didn't have any in stock and I didn't want to pay for the sun roof side air bags and the upgraded brake package to get the stereo upgrade.

Looking into an after market ATM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.