Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, for some reason I was under the impression that the CD player in this car read MP3 files. I stuck in a disc full of MP3s this morning and imagine my surpise when not one of the 100+ Led Zepplin tunes played. Now I have never put MP3s on a disc before so perhaps im just a cd rippin idgit.

Is it an issue of compression(11:1 compression ratio on 128bit files)? Are their different MP3 formats and I picked the wrong one(I used the roxio cd program)?

If the CD Player (not changer) is not compatible, can you plug an MP3 player into the auxilary port?

·
Registered
455 Posts
What happened? Your new car didn't come with an owner's manual? I bought an 04 and had no problems sorting out the very basic audio functions and limitations of my 300w Rockford Fosgate package.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sukebegigi said:
What happened? Your new car didn't come with an owner's manual? I bought an 04 and had no problems sorting out the very basic audio functions and limitations of my 300w Rockford Fosgate package.

Actually I left the manual in the house cause I was reading it at home. I was at work when I posted and couldn't wait till I got home. I didnt get the Rockford Fostgate package. They didn't have any in stock and I didn't want to pay for the sun roof side air bags and the upgraded brake package to get the stereo upgrade.

Looking into an after market ATM.

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
I dont think many stock radios in baseline cars play MP3's. If it has an aux in...you can get a Sony ATRAC3 player and hook it into there. And voila! You have 5 hours of musik to play on yur radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts