Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys im new here. i have searched alot for couple of issues i was having.

i have a05 sentra with about 60000 km on it. i just got a new engine under warranty as the head gasket blew out in the old one. and also a new alternater. i had a lot of problem with the old one speacially with no heat in winters.

now i need to know as what kind of issue should i look out for since i got a new engine.

secondly i have a leak in my power stearing fluid. i see fluid right by the hose under the resorvior on both hoses and its leaking alot. i retightned the claps that hold the hoses by adding new clamps but that didnt do it. now every morning when i do a cold start there is a buzzing noise comming from the stearing as i stear left or right. also when i give a lilttle gas i hear some of the buzzing noise. but after the car warms up. it does go away.

Also i need New Brakes speacially rear. and i was looking at teh EBC red stuff since i have rims on the car. you guys think EBC are good pad. i will be changing all four brakes all around.

Also since i got 18inch rims. dont ask me why i had 17's but i have gotten my alignment done couple of times. but the car still stears to the right. everytime i let go of the stearing. Please advice

Also my Gear shift light is out how can i change that and what bulb do i need.

thanks for taking time to raed the issues im having. ``

· Registered
39 Posts
im guessing you have a 1.8L engine?

the power steering leak might be a simple hair-line crack in the reservoir. you may have to take it off and visually inspect it. MAKE SURE you keep enough fluid in the power steering system though. if not, you'll have to replace more parts.

the car steering to the right might just be that you have less air pressure in the right tire. i'd check all the tires and make sure they have right around the same pressure in all them. if that doesnt work, then i'd take it to an alignment shop that i know knows what they are doing

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i have a1.8l ..

i checked the resorvior for cracks but nothign visual i cleaned it out and there was no sign of leakage on the resorvior. but the i would see fluid on the hoses and on the body. right around the connecter. i have retightned the connectors.

and as far stearing. i have checked all the tire pressure and they are fine. only problem im having with alignment is

since i have 18 inc rims. everytime i they do alignment since they cant choose 18 inch they are doing alignment on 17inch since thats the max nissan has for speacification.

if any one in Ny know a place please do let me know.

thanks

· Registered
874 Posts
there is no reason they shouldn't be able to adjust your toe with 18" wheels. where are you taking your car? dealership? my advice would be to take it to a good alignment shop. once i took my car to honda because i had a friend that worked there and my toe was so f'd up when i got the car back and i had to go to a shop anyway.
how much are you lowered?

· Registered
874 Posts
damn, you really need some higher profile tires. what are those 30, 35's? should at least bump it up to 40. those are going to bend on those rubber bands, lol.
it looks kind of like a 4x4 with wheels that big and not lowering it though. might want to look into lowering maybe just a little bit? some eibach's would be nice. what's the offset?

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know.. i had 17 but 18's they loook so good. hahha its ok... wanted to try it. now i did.. but still dealing with the rest of the problems

· Registered
874 Posts
well yeah but if you get the correct size wheels you wouldn't be having issues with that aspect anyway, lol.
btw i have ebc pads and haven't had any issues. they've been on probably 3 years or so.

you might benefit from getting the fsm and looking up some of your issues there. you can download it for free at PhatG20 - Home

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.