Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a couple problems
1. engine light p0422 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)
I clear it and goes away for awhile sometimes months then comes back on.
2. Transmission. When in over drive and driving on local roads and cost down a hill it tends to down shit and cuase lots of engine breaking. Shut over drive off it cost perfecly fine.
3. Sometimes when i let off gas like i am going to pull into a driveway it like the car pushes couple times if that makes sense
THoughts???

·
Registered
10 Posts
1. I had this problem with my Sentra and it turned out to be a faulty valve on the charcoal canister. Are you still under warranty? If not, I am not sure, but it may not be too bad to change out yourself. Maybe someone else has some advice?

2. Often overdrive is not recommnded on hilly terrain, for exactly the reason you brought up. There's not enough torque in the high gear to pull up or coast down, but at the same time it wants to save you gas. There may not be anything wring, you might just have the right hills to emphasize the limits of overdrive.

3. My 05 Pathfinder does this sometimes when moving really slow and its down or upshifting. You don't have it in 4WD, do you? Turning at slow speeds on dry surfaces makes it buck and jerk around, and is ultimately bad for your drive train.

Hope some of that helps, or at least gets the conversation going.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Your code could have been thrown for a loose gas cap. The code usually goes away by itself after so many engine cycles. Not sure how many, but think about 4. The downshifting is common and you don't have to worry about that. The pushing may be incidental pressing of the accelerator without realizing it. It is very touchy sometimes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. I had this problem with my Sentra and it turned out to be a faulty valve on the charcoal canister. Are you still under warranty? If not, I am not sure, but it may not be too bad to change out yourself. Maybe someone else has some advice?

2. Often overdrive is not recommnded on hilly terrain, for exactly the reason you brought up. There's not enough torque in the high gear to pull up or coast down, but at the same time it wants to save you gas. There may not be anything wring, you might just have the right hills to emphasize the limits of overdrive.

3. My 05 Pathfinder does this sometimes when moving really slow and its down or upshifting. You don't have it in 4WD, do you? Turning at slow speeds on dry surfaces makes it buck and jerk around, and is ultimately bad for your drive train.

Hope some of that helps, or at least gets the conversation going.
Thanks for the info. I dont have it in 4wd but i know what you mean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts