Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I had some problems start with my 05 Pathfinder about a year ago, it started by the oil pressure gauge falling below low and the car almost stalling. I took it to Nissan and they ended up having the car for over a month while they tried to "figure out" what the problem could be (they tried replacing the gauge but that didn't help). In the end they told me that they adjusted the idle and because the oil pressure doesn't fall under the low line now, it's fixed. Problem for me is that when it dips down, which it does whenever stopped or in park, it vibrates and shakes like I'm in a diesel truck. Has anyone out there had anything like this happen?? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
88 Posts
At idle, my oil pressure falls, but not below low. Adjusting the idle would seem to work fine, or possibly replace the pump all together. At least it's fixed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try replacing the oil pressure sender first. It sends a signal to the gauge and to the ECU (computer). If it falls (oil pressure) below a pre-determined point, the ECU will shut the fuel pump off.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts