Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to enter the diagnostic menu on the Nissan 05 Pathfinder Navigation system made by Hitachi?

There are alot of annoyances I am hoping we can turn on/off in there...

Please let me know if anyone has any information regarding this.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a '05 Pathfinder and I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of the warning message that comes on everytime I start the pathy. Either that or make the Navigation system go to the Trip screen by default instead of going to the Navigation screen (this screen will always display that annoying warning message). I am also looking for information on how to override some of the annoyances.

Help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can thank lawyers for the warning screen and there is no way to disable it. If you do not press enter it will go to the trip screen automatically (no sure the time period or if you need to drive first).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All navigation systems from any manufacturer, require a disclaimer. On any company, there is NO way to bypass the disclaimer.

However, there is always a diagnostic menu to enable certain or disable certain features.

It is usually accessed by pressing a series of buttons.

I am looking for any information for that diagnostic menu for the navigation system.

I am certian in there, we should be able to turn unverified routing on and off, and possibly the menu lockout while driving. (Legal may have permanantly removed that anyways as well) =(

Overall, I am extremely dissatisfied with the navigation system when compared to Alpine Aftermarket systems, or Honda OEM systems.

I have had them all and the route planning is horrible on the Nissan, and it is sincerely unfair, to not allow the passenger usage of the navi, while driving.

I am not sure where to complain to nissan about these issues.

I hope someone has the back door menu help.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts