Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ,
i have read about this here and at other sites and i have acoupleof specific questions if some people could respond it would be appreciated.

1. is this flutter very noticeable ..or something that a trained ear can hear

2. does it happen on cold or warm engine

3. is it more pronounced going up a steep hill or just about anywhere?

here is my scenario:
purchased mine in the winter and always warmed it up good (15- 20 min atleast) never heard a thing

now it is warmer so im not really warming it up at all(2 min) and ging up my first hill at about 2200 rpms i hear a flutter..after a few minutes of driving i do not hear it. Now if i go up a really steep hill i think i hear a little something but it could be that i am listening too hard :)

lastly..there is no way i could even imagine taking it to dealer they would laugh me out of there..so if i am experiencing this flutter can it be damaging to engine?

thanks for your replies

·
Registered
58 Posts
pathman said:
hi ,
i have read about this here and at other sites and i have acoupleof specific questions if some people could respond it would be appreciated.

1. is this flutter very noticeable ..or something that a trained ear can hear

2. does it happen on cold or warm engine

3. is it more pronounced going up a steep hill or just about anywhere?

here is my scenario:
purchased mine in the winter and always warmed it up good (15- 20 min atleast) never heard a thing

now it is warmer so im not really warming it up at all(2 min) and ging up my first hill at about 2200 rpms i hear a flutter..after a few minutes of driving i do not hear it. Now if i go up a really steep hill i think i hear a little something but it could be that i am listening too hard :)

lastly..there is no way i could even imagine taking it to dealer they would laugh me out of there..so if i am experiencing this flutter can it be damaging to engine?

thanks for your replies

1) Very noticeable

2) Doesn't matter if engine is warm or cold.

3) Just about anywhere.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys,
i have read the bulletin but again, i was just looking for more specifics like emil offered.
thanks again :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
pathman said:
thanks guys,
i have read the bulletin but again, i was just looking for more specifics like emil offered.
thanks again :)
I brought my Pathy in to get it fixed and they had it for 2 days. When I called to get it they said it was on national backorder......... I was not happy.....

They gave me no indication when the part would be in........ :wtf:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Calimoxo2 said:
I brought my Pathy in to get it fixed and they had it for 2 days. When I called to get it they said it was on national backorder......... I was not happy.....

They gave me no indication when the part would be in........ :wtf:
it took mine a week for part to come in and it was fixed. I done it about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
310 Posts
boris said:
it took mine a week for part to come in and it was fixed. I done it about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Amazingly, today they called to say the manifold was in. I am bringing it in this Thursday....

We'll see.....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Finally got a call yesterday that the manifold is in. Now I have to coordinate a loaner from the inlaws for a day to schedule the appointment. I'll be talking to them tonight and see when we can get it done. I can't wait to get rid of the annoying sound.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Silence is golden. I just got the Pathy fixed yesterday and it is a wonderful sound. No more racket from the manifold. It revs up pretty well too. We'll see if the gas mileage gets any better. I've been getting about 18mpg mostly highway. They reset the computer when they installed the new manifold, which reset the 'trip' odometer also. I thought that was a little wierd. So the wife will have to reset all her radio stations again. Oh well, at least there is no flutter in the background anymore.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Glad to hear it worked, sucks to have to reset all the presets again... but i guess i would gladly do that over the original issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts