Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so after banging her head twice on our Pathy liftgate my wife has had enough. The gate stays up but drops 3-4 inches from fully open, just enough to get into bump-on-the-noggin' range.

The support cylinders are relatively expensive but before I go ahead and order them has anyone done this before? Did it fix the issue? Was it an easy enough job?

Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The gas springs were easy to replace them on my 95' and they solved the problem, but I wouldn't expect them to fail on a truck less then 4 years old. Wouldn't that be covered by your warranty or do they only give you a lame 3yr/36K?
They aren't all that cheap either. I remember Nissan wanted $50+ each. I just went to a junk yard, $5 for both...although not really an option for a 05'.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't expect them to fail on a truck less then 4 years old. Wouldn't that be covered by your warranty or do they only give you a lame 3yr/36K?
They aren't all that cheap either. I remember Nissan wanted $50+ each. I just went to a junk yard, $5 for both...although not really an option for a 05'.
Yeah that's why I was asking here. It may be that the gate just does not stay all the way open normally? As I wrote, I can push it all the way open but as soon as I let it go it falls 2-3 inches. I'm over 36k miles and I'm sure this isn't considered drivetrain :).

They're called "support cylinders" and I found them online for $18 each.

thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts