Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if there were any upgrades like exhaust, intake, etc. out for the trucks yet......I'm looking at buying one, but would like to know how the aftermarket is for it before I get one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey! im in the same shoes as you are...

in a month im going to purchase a 2005 Nismo Frontier Crew Cab 4x2

i checked nismo....and they only had 2004 frontier parts...i set up a post about 20 min. ago in the forum....asking if 04 parts will fit into 05?? im still waiting on that....BUT! for 04 parts...engine wise...there's pretty much the NISMO intake...and the NISMO exhaust.....yeh...not much nismo offers for engine wise =[ i wanted my truck to be fast..

and aftermarket parts...i have no clue man... im a truck newbie...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
What engines do you have?

I've had my '04 Frontier for about three months and parts for the 4-cyl are relatively rare. I believe there's more available for the 6s.

Do they put a stainless steel exhaust on the '05s? I know the stock Titan exhaust my friend has sounds pretty "opened up" already.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
05_NISMO_FRONTIER said:
hey! im in the same shoes as you are...

in a month im going to purchase a 2005 Nismo Frontier Crew Cab 4x2

i checked nismo....and they only had 2004 frontier parts...i set up a post about 20 min. ago in the forum....asking if 04 parts will fit into 05?? im still waiting on that....BUT! for 04 parts...engine wise...there's pretty much the NISMO intake...and the NISMO exhaust.....yeh...not much nismo offers for engine wise =[ i wanted my truck to be fast..

and aftermarket parts...i have no clue man... im a truck newbie...
I guess you've got to get the 6 with that combination.

How about the supercharged version?

My guess is that if they don't have anything available yet, they will soon.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tommy1005 said:
just wondering if there were any upgrades like exhaust, intake, etc. out for the trucks yet......I'm looking at buying one, but would like to know how the aftermarket is for it before I get one.
The 2005 Frontier is still too new for most of the aftermarket folks to have anything on the market yet, and there are no Nismo parts available from Nissan. Gibson has a cat-back exhaust for the V-6 Crew Cab and should have a unit available for the King Cab soon. You can get a drop-in K&N filter (the air box is the same size as the Titan), but I don't consider that to be a performance part. I have dyno tested it in my 2005 Frontier and it doesn't improve either horsepower or economy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking at the 6 cylinder.......there is no supercharger option for '05 that I know of, just 270hp 6 cylinder, but I always need more......maybe I will custom fit an ATI Procharger onto it and see what happens :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just sitting here.......eating a sammich. Waiting for performance parts

I'm just here waiting for parts too. When they come I'm sure this truck will be the shiznit! :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anybody know the wheel specs on the 05 Frontier LE KC. I love this truck and everything about it, except the factory wheels are fugly. Would like to get some aftermarket wheels but I don't know the specs, ie.. offset, bolt pattern, etc. I searched Tire Rack but they don't list anything for the 05 Frontier.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
jerryp58 said:
What engines do you have?

I've had my '04 Frontier for about three months and parts for the 4-cyl are relatively rare. I believe there's more available for the 6s.

Do they put a stainless steel exhaust on the '05s? I know the stock Titan exhaust my friend has sounds pretty "opened up" already.
I've recently purchased the same model as you.. what Aftermarket options were you looking at, and is it a Manual or Auto Trans??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spdbrake, thanks for the info. although I have the 17" wheels are the specs the same?

spdbrake said:
The 05 is 16X7 6 X 4.5" or 114.3MM lug patteren, w/ 35mm offset.

Try www.tires.com.

Although they don't have the Frontier 05 in the database yet you can search by size/lug pattern of the wheels.

If your re-using the factory BFG tires the 16X8 in a 20 - 40 offset will work.

Get any lower than 20mm and the tires stick out too far and can cause problems. And you'll look around 16yrs old.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelsBySize.do?wd=16&bp=6-114.3*6-4.5&rw=8

1 - 12 of 12 Posts