Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my 05, no questions about it. However, I noticed I have poor AM reception. I had an 00 Frontier and AM reception was superior. One particular station I enjoy hearing on occasion, when I'm not listening to my 6 CD sounds now comes in weak and static-ey. Anyone have a solution (other than putting up with it)?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not that I want to appear condescending but poor radio reception is normally associated with the radio, the antenna, geographic location, weather conditions, etc. I don't believe your car is at issue here.
:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chacono said:
Not that I want to appear condescending but poor radio reception is normally associated with the radio, the antenna, geographic location, weather conditions, etc. I don't believe your car is at issue here.
:)

No, I don't take your comment as being condescending. Indeed, I understand the principles of radiowave propagation. I'm a HAM radio operator. Shich is why I don't understand why on my 00 Frontier the station came booming in and on the 05 it doesen't. I thought it might be a factory defect, loose antenna wire, etc.

Hey, thanks for responding!
Fred

·
3,553 Posts
Most likely, it's poor antenna wire shielding or a nicked shield, a poorly positioned and/or constructed antenna, or poor sensitivity of the stock radio itself. I've heard complaints about this sort of thing before, but never heard of a resolution other than swapping the stock radio out for an aftermarket head unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts