Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
South TX dealership with doubtful quality control before making the sale.
One week ago, my wifa and I travelled to Corpus C, TX and purchased an Armada SE. As a proud new owner, I decided to wash my new baby. When I started to dry off the roof, I noticed immediately some suspicious dots (dark reddish color). The suspicious dots where located from the rear doors area all the way to the back. There was no pattern, all different sizes. Some of these dots were located inside the side rain channel.
I showed my wifa the problem and I called the dealership. I made an appointment with the dealership for two days later. After a 3 hour drive, we arrived to the dealership, and different excuses followed by a sales manager. Someone forgot to wax the roof before delivery. The spots were rail dust, no problem and it would be taken care of in 45 minutes. No rail dust, it was the tape used to cover the vehicles when vehicles are transported to the dealership.
The sales manager did not deliver the truck to us, but the original salesman. I inspected the truck before leaving the dealership, and most of the spots were gone and only a few remained, including the ones inside the rain channel. The salesman was concerned enough to call another sales manager who on the spot promised to fix the problem. We are going to have to return the vehicle in the near future so that a factory rep. can inspect and approve the repainting of the roof.

We are very happy with the truck, with the exception of the roof paint. The rest of the vehicle's paint is perfect, but we are suspicious now. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
fergris said:
South TX dealership with doubtful quality control before making the sale.
One week ago, my wifa and I travelled to Corpus C, TX and purchased an Armada SE. As a proud new owner, I decided to wash my new baby. When I started to dry off the roof, I noticed immediately some suspicious dots (dark reddish color). The suspicious dots where located from the rear doors area all the way to the back. There was no pattern, all different sizes. Some of these dots were located inside the side rain channel.
I showed my wifa the problem and I called the dealership. I made an appointment with the dealership for two days later. After a 3 hour drive, we arrived to the dealership, and different excuses followed by a sales manager. Someone forgot to wax the roof before delivery. The spots were rail dust, no problem and it would be taken care of in 45 minutes. No rail dust, it was the tape used to cover the vehicles when vehicles are transported to the dealership.
The sales manager did not deliver the truck to us, but the original salesman. I inspected the truck before leaving the dealership, and most of the spots were gone and only a few remained, including the ones inside the rain channel. The salesman was concerned enough to call another sales manager who on the spot promised to fix the problem. We are going to have to return the vehicle in the near future so that a factory rep. can inspect and approve the repainting of the roof.

We are very happy with the truck, with the exception of the roof paint. The rest of the vehicle's paint is perfect, but we are suspicious now. Has anyone else had this problem?

To date your only the second person that has mentioned this problem. For clarification, the "dot's" are from the protective tape? Was the clear coat etched enough that it cannot be buffed out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Armada "dots"

Slurppie said:
To date your only the second person that has mentioned this problem. For clarification, the "dot's" are from the protective tape? Was the clear coat etched enough that it cannot be buffed out?
Nissan salesman and managers did not clarify at the end the source of the dots. I did not accept their excuses since nissan can not put put tape in the small gap where the roof rack mount is connected to the vehicle's roof.
To the contact feel, it was like if something coming from under the paint, you could barely feel it, in an otherwise perfect paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.