Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 02 spec v, and i keep getting a 0420 fault. i have a greddy cat back, aebs header with high flow cat. i was fine for about 8 months, now i keep getting it every couple of weeks. i reset it all the time. i know its probably the o2 sensor, but i've been thinking about getting rid of my cat so i want to get a mil eliminator to prevent it from ever coming back. does anyone have any info on where to get something like that?

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
It is indeed the 02 sensor. Have the same problem, but im not worried about it. Not affecting the car at all.

Don't have a recommendation to rid the problem for you though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
♣Altim8GA♣ said:
It is indeed the 02 sensor. Have the same problem, but im not worried about it. Not affecting the car at all.

Don't have a recommendation to rid the problem for you though.

So if the check engine light is on because of one, or two, bad o2 sensor(s), this does not affect the car at all? Will it not cause it to run either rich or lean????

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok, sorry to ressurect this thread, but i just got the same code 0420. Checked it out and the description is "catalyst system efficiency below threshold (Bank 1)"

I know mark said no problem, but im just double checking.

thx guys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlackoutSpecV said:
If you have a header, then it is most likely not a problem. You can buy an O2 sim to fix the SES light issue.
please tell me where to get the sim fix for the o2 sensor, i've been looking for it. i know my buddy has one for his mustang, but i've never seen one for the sentra. could you send me a link. thanks. gabe

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
gabester222 said:
please tell me where to get the sim fix for the o2 sensor, i've been looking for it. i know my buddy has one for his mustang, but i've never seen one for the sentra. could you send me a link. thanks. gabe
I am sending you a PM now on sims.
--Zac

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xhris said:
Ok, sorry to ressurect this thread, but i just got the same code 0420. Checked it out and the description is "catalyst system efficiency below threshold (Bank 1)"

I know mark said no problem, but im just double checking.

thx guys.
hay buddy, i have an 02 spec v and i keep getting an 0420 fault also. i know what it is also, on the fault. but i called nissan, they said forward o2 sensor, but it didn't fix it. so maybe the rear one.they just cost so much, i don't want to buy another o2 for nothing. but i have done a lot of mods to the car, header , exhaust, intake, i had to move the o2 sensors to accomodate the high flow cat. i'll let you know when i find out what it is. i was fine for 8 months after installing all the mods, so i know that's not it.in case you are wondering how to check your codes on the ecu without any help, here it is.
i don't know all the cars it works on , but it does an 02 spec v...
turn ignition switch to acc(lights on on dash)
wait exactly 3 seconds,
pump gas 5 times within 5 seconds
wait exactly 7 seconds
hold gas for 10 seconds
the service engine soon light(ses) will start blinking
ten is 0 1 is 1 2 is 2 and so on
there is a break between blinks and all codes are 4 digits
the code will repeat itself continually
hold the gas for ten second after the first set of numbers and the ecu will reset
i forgot the link, but the list of codes are out there on the internet
hope to get in touch with you soon. i can't figure it out either!! and my warranty is up. good luck.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
do you have aim?
i went it to your PM box...it will be in the upper right hand corner under Welcome (your name), it will say Private Messages and say how many you have in bold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts