Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Sentra ser spec v. The front end of my car creaks when i pull into my driveway because of the dip at the bottom of it. It also makes the same creaking noise when im in the beginning of first gear taking off. also when i hit a bump in the road when slightly turning right the right front end makes a popping noise. ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

·
Registered
51 Posts
Get your transaxel looked at and pray your transmission isn't going.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think its the tranny because it still shifts smoothe. it sounds more like the bushings i was wondering if anyone ever had this problem with their ser and found out what it was. Its still under warranty so hopefully they cover whatever it is and dont say its wear and tear. the car only has 52k miles on it so i think everything should still be covered. though transaxel is a good idea to have checked. i do beat on the car a lil ever now and then and i love how it chirps the tires into second gear so i have done that a few times more than i soulda. Could it be the tranny mount???? ive broken them before in my camaro but rearwheel drive is a whole different story so i dont know what to look for if the tranny mount is broken in a front wheel drive car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a similar problem with my last car and it ended up being the tranny casing had cracked where the axel mated on the right side. Hopefully your problem is just with your suspension.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx it might just be a cracked tranny caseing either way its under warranty so maybe il get a new tranny.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with Speedo. Probably suspension. Try to push the front bumper up and down while sitting in the driveway and all is quiet. Engine off! Use your foot and bounce it.

See if it makes noise.:waving:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PROBLEM FIXED

THE 2 BOLTS ON THE NISMO LOWER TIE BAR WERE LOSE AND CAUSED THE CREAKING AND POPPING NOISE. TIGHTEN THE 2 BOLTS AND IT MAKES NO MORE NOISE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts