Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 nissan sentra, when im stopped the car idles down to like 250 rpm then back to around 750 unless it dies out. when it dies out it always restarts. I brought it to the nissan dealer and i got nothing, it would idle rough for them, like usual, i explained it to them and they just ignored me, all they do is just try to F*** you over...I have had other attempt with the nissan dealer, squeeking in trans, belt noises, trunk problems, glove box falling out and more..plenty more...They actually put the belts on wrong 40,000 miles ago, and now their trashed and squeeking, so my dad replaced them for 25$ when the dealer wanted 250$? when they origionally put them on wrong in the first place! i hate nissan service people, love the car but hate them. So anyway lol what could be the problem with my idle???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there any DTC engine codes or MIL in the dash?
Does the problem occur when the engine is warmed up? For my car, it was the recall for the crank position sensor (2001 1.8L sentra GXE).
I also had the mass air flow that turned out bad (had a broken air box and messy air filter) which is common in my engine series.
Have you brought your car to the dealer for a troubleshoot? Come back with more info bitte.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no lights of any sort on...they replaced the crank sensor, they did a "fuel pump repair kit" w/e tht means. It does it spuraticlly, and its fine when im driving down the road, theres no chugging of any sort. It hasnt done it for about a week now, which is surprising. Ive noticed my gas mileage isnt as great either, might be because im at 102,000+ miles, and its been cold, but still. Ive replaced the spark plugs and PCV valve, since i replaced the PCV it hasnt done it yet, so maybe that was the fix. Im at least hoping. It never happend when i brought it to the dealer and they looked at me like i was crazy. Also, any clue whats happening when I floor the car for a while or gun it, it starts to smell like rubber?, and i know its not the tires spinning cus that just doesnt happen in a sentra lol, and my dad replaced the belts, their fine, so idk if it could be a CAT converter or egr?...thanks for responding!!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts