Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to my local service center 4 times and they are unable to determine or fix the squeak/screech that happens everytime my automatic transmission up-shifts. They have added friction modifiers and nothing has worked. Has anyone experienced this problem? I have 1,000 miles left on the 3/36 warranty and would hate for this problem to progress into something that ends up costing me rather than Nissan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I had that on an 03 too - but I'm not sure if it's the tranny, or something just loose that squeaks everytime a new gear kicks in. I'd love to know if anyone found out what this is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Auto Transmission Squeaking while upshifting

Hello,

I have the same problem on the 06-Sentra 1.8S. Did you solve your problem? What happened in the end? The car squeaks when shifting from 1st to 2nd. after that, its fine.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Theres a TSB on it...take it to the dealership and they'll fix it. I've had mine fixed and I haven't heard the chirp again...if one dealership can't fix it...go locate another one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes i have an 06 1.8s to and i have this problem, i looked up the Tsb on the nissan website and printed it out, i brought it to them and the said they would order the transmission additive that will make it stop squeeking, they say it comes from the high clutch assembly, with is the 2-3 upshift

1 - 5 of 5 Posts