Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that i am a new owner of the 04 Pathfinder LE Platinum i want to give my ride the time to warm up in the COLD NY winter. I just want to know if this guy that puts in remote starts down the street isnt pulling my leg. I want to keep the original Nissan FOB for the remote start as i do not carry around a purse for my keys to go in. Having 2 keys and a FOB is enough in my pocket i dont want another FOB. He states that he can do the auto start with my original FOB but he needs the chip from the spare key to get the remote start to work. This leaves me with the standard key and standard FOB to start the car but the spare key will only open the door not start the car. I was told that I would have to go to Nissan and have them order me another key for the ipe old pric of $150. It doesnt seem right that it has to be that way. I did but the car from a nissan dealer but only received 2 keys. Do i have to go and but an ney key with the chip as a spare to start the car? help me out guys. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I simply switched over to using the remote start FOB. It is more wiring work as you have to tap the SMART controller but the12volt.com has all the diagrams.

You will need to provide a key for the iginition bypass, I would recommend using a spare that is just a blank but has the chip programmed so no one can steal your car if they find the bypass box. I found a local shop that provided a new programmed key for $70. Look up locksmiths that work on cars instead of dealers. You will need to bring all of your car keys to them for them to program a new spare.

Hope that helps...

-Rich

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you,or anybody find a good remote-start system that installed nicely and is trustworthy?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in a way

As i thought the one guy was majorly over priced... i went to anther place and the guy worked with me on the price... he also called the other guy way to 10 years ago. The the guy at Audio Planet NY had a special including this unit that gives off the same code as the key. Thus i do not need to lose a whole key in the process. It was only 30 bucks and not 150 for the new key from Nissan. So I Got the Premium VIPER remote start... all the bells and whistles. Total with tax 270. He even refused to put the cheap one in my nice Platinum Edition. Great guy who new his sh!t.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts