Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 04 pathfinder yesterday. It has 19k. It is a chinook model. My question is how to install aftermarket fogs. I checked out if it has the original wiring, etc. Well it has the fuse holder in the main fuse box for the fog lights(no fuse). From the fuse holder there are wires routed with the headlights in a black plastic casing taped up. I tried to check around the front bumper, headlight area to see if there were the original wires for the fogs, no lucky. They may be hidden or not there at all. Next to the 2wd/4wd selector switch there are 3 covers. I guess one is for the fogs. Took off the 3 covers, no wires for the fogs. I want to install fogs, but try not to go the custom install route. Did nissan place the wires, and not terminate them depending on the options offered at the time? Has anyone encountered the same problem? I would like to just find the stock wires for the fogs, install the fogs, add a fuse, and find the interior switch for the fogs. If this is impossible then I will have to go the custom install, splicing wires and finding grounds, ahhh. Please help.

·
3,553 Posts
I'd just buy a new set and use the wiring that comes with it to install. You're looking at about the same amount of work, either way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts