Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a regulator go bad on drivers side and ordered a new one. Installed it without a lot of trouble (aside from getting the glass lined up with the bolt holes in the regulator.). Powered it on and pressed the up button and the glass went all the way down and then wouldn't move either way. Decided that they might be some problem with the position I had bolted it on the motor took it back down.

With the side steel door panel not bolted up and without the glass the switch moves the regulator correctly, both up and down several times. Put it back on the door and bolted the glass in and it does the same thing. Press the button in the up position and it goes all the way down and won't move from there.

I tried holding the button on the side of the motor on while I worked the switch from the down and back up position but that didn't do anything.

What's wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am wondering if I have the cables crossed correctly. I can twist the tracks to have the opposite cross. Could that be the problem? How can I find a diagram of the correct way to cross them as when I took the old one apart I didn't pay attention to the way they were crossed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Old Glass Guy here...regulators are straight foward...either the cable is on those oculus or not...ok.the man was right about the glass being in the rubber seal...biggest problem is the glass gets outside that track it glides in(use graphite) and gets pinched between the steel holder that holds the weatherstrip...the glass must go up and down by the hand 1st...easily...if you put another regulator in and it worked 1 time your glass is pinched...(out of track) you angle that glass nose first into the channel/track/weatherstrip (confusing huh?) Then simply rock the glass into place...pop...2 10mm bolts...done...good LUCK!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts