Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier 4x4 3.3L V6. It all of the sudden would just not start. It threw the P0340 Code so naturally I had the County mechanic replace the distributor because that is where the Cam position sensor is; well, it still didn't fire after that. I saw another video that said this code could also be caused by the Crank position sensor, so i ordered one of those and it hasn't arrived yet. I also ordered a knock sensor because I also got that code a while back when I was having misfires and needed to replace spark plug 6. It is winter here in Northern MN and my truck is a long ways away from civilization parked in the snow. I really need some help with this one. My truck has 156k miles on it and it randomly did not start a few hours after getting an oil change.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,769 Posts
The crank position sensor is only a monitoring sensor for the ECM and won't cause the engine to not start or run differently, if bad, on this engine. The same goes for the knock sensor and there should be a stored code if the engine had a misfiring problem. Make sure you check your fuses and fusible links. Make sure the timing belt didn't break.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts