Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed out my stock tail lights for some depo LED lights for an 04 05 sentra.. after applying the brakes the car looses all power until you restart it. It will have all its power back until you hit the brakes again and the same problem continues.. also when it goes into this limp mode the cruise control will not work.. i replaced the cruise cancel switch on the brake pedal but the problem was not eliminated. The "experts" at nissan told me to change the tail lights back to stock but fuck that! any ideas on what it might be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats funny you say your a nissan tech.. your guys job position should be "useless" since every tech i talk to doesnt know what a spark plug looks like! im trying to find a solution to a problem. stock tails are outta the question. there has to be a way to making these work.

·
Registered
790 Posts
First you MUST verify that the taillights are the actual problem here. I'd take the LEDs off and put the stockers back on. Go for a drive, see if it still does it. If it doesn't then we could work from there. IF it still does then it's not the LEDs. If you don't have the stockers still then see if you can borrow someone elses tails for a quick drive. They aren't hard to change out. Any trim Sentra from 04-06 will fit directly.

Btw, not every Nissan Tech is "useless". Just because you've had some bad experiences doesn't mean EVERY tech is full of crap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the problem is eliminated when i replace the stock tail lights with the LED tails.. i just have to know why the LED's are making my car run like shit!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Maybe the taillights arent running on the same voltage, I would either put back on the stock ones or find another brand of taillights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts