Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have a 03 Sentra Limited Ed. and im wanting to put K & N cold air intake, DC sport headers, a nismo cat back exhaust and a throttle body spacer. ive been told that if i do this i wont pass emissions. is this true? and what kind of results should i see if i do put them on? if someone could help that would be great.

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you area does the OBDII test then you can do the o2 spacer mod to get rid of the SES light that will throw w/ a catless header. If ur area does the sniffer test, then you can get a hi-flow cat welded into ur mid-pipe to pass emissions. The CAI, TB spacer, or cat-back exhaust don't effect emissions.

With a CAI, header, and cat-back exhaust u'll notice some gains. Not so much with the TB spacer.

However, getting rid of the pre-cat is a must for the longevity of ur engine. Also, loctiting ur butterfly screws so that they don't wind up in ur engine where they dont belong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so what would the results be if i got the apexi SAFCII? would that help with emissions and give me better results? and what is the o2 spacer mod?

·
Registered
790 Posts
o2 spacer mod is to "trick" the second o2 sensor into thinking it's reading "cleaner" air which is the purpose of the second o2 sensor.

how-to for o2 spacer mod (AKA sparkplug anti-foulers): My SpecV - Your Ultimate Nissan SE-R Spec V Resource / Info

The SAFCII is to modify your AFRs for max power output (does not effect emissions). However, not a very worthwhile mod w/ just CAI,header,exhaust. Most have a SAFCII installed after cams at the very least when remaining N/A.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not looking to get a whole lot of hp. mostly better mileage with a little bit more hp. and im trying to get it to run better and smoother so the car will last me a long time. is any of this even worth doing if thats all im looking for? if not, any suggestions?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would go for the intake, and a new chip if you're not looking for big hp and still want to pass emissions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts