Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 3rd Pathfinder with 60k and love it. I have some issues I wanted to post up and wanted to know if anyone else has these problems:/

1. MPH...I have factory rims with oem size Michelin tires but i always seem to go 5 mph slower than what the needle says. I check this 2 ways, by passing a police sign that posts your speed and my Garmin which says what the speed sign says.

2. Factory Bose 6 Disc system...the CD player skips like crazy and the speaker clarity are terrible to me.

3. Rear Suspension..."rear sag" looks like I am always loaded down with some serious weight in the back or something.

Other than the problems above this Pathfinder has never given me a problem at all. Always dependable.

Thanks for looking, and for any advise.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is my 3rd Pathfinder with 60k and love it. I have some issues I wanted to post up and wanted to know if anyone else has these problems:/

1. MPH...I have factory rims with oem size Michelin tires but i always seem to go 5 mph slower than what the needle says. I check this 2 ways, by passing a police sign that posts your speed and my Garmin which says what the speed sign says.

2. Factory Bose 6 Disc system...the CD player skips like crazy and the speaker clarity are terrible to me.

3. Rear Suspension..."rear sag" looks like I am always loaded down with some serious weight in the back or something.

Other than the problems above this Pathfinder has never given me a problem at all. Always dependable.

Thanks for looking, and for any advise.
1. There's always a degree of error with speedometers. Also, how worn are your tires? You'll gradually go slower (respective to the speedometer) as there's less and less tread.

2. The Bose system in Pathys is notorious for skipping. My experience is that it's fine in the summer, terrible in the winter. If it gets bad just get a tape adaptor or FM transmitter and hook it up to your iPod.

The impedance of the speakers in this system is different than most, so if the previous owner replaced them without know this they'll probably sound like crap.

3. New springs. Last owner probably towed or loaded the cargo area down a lot. Personally I hate doing suspension work, and on the Pathy there's a lot of work involved... but if you're up to it get some new springs, a spring compressor, a long breaker bar, and a lot of muscle... and go nuts. Or just pay for the labour. DIY yourself is always more rewarding, if not frustrating. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts