Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been noticing some abnormal behavior from my car recently. First things first, though. I put an AEM SRI in the car last October and I haven't cleaned the filter yet. I will order a cleaning kit from AEM. Anyway, from the time I installed the SRI, the "check engine" light remained on with no noticeable problems. That was until March when I received an ECU recall letter from Nissan. I took it to a Nissan dealership and they handled everything. The light went off...until yesterday. On my way to work yesterday morning, I noticed a weird jerking reaction from my car. It felt like the car was about to break down during operation; that never happened, fortunately. The engine light flashed about 5-6 times and the tachometer needle shot up to about 3,000 RPM while I was driving at no more than 40 MPH. I parked up in an apartment complex immediately. It jerked subtly while the car was in park but the engine light never came on. My house was about 10 minutes away so I "chanced" it and sped home to use another car. Today, I drove about a couple miles just to test it and I didn't notice anything. This happened last Monday while I was at a stop light, but it was subtle and the engine light never flashed once. Everything was okay the remainder of the week until yesterday.

Do you guys think my ECU could be faulty or is it something else? Any help or advice would be appreciated. I'll have someone check it tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
when i had my 02 spec-v serviced for the recall, everything seemed fine and dandy. ive driven about 200 miles since then and noticed recently that same jerky feeling the engine makes while driving that you witnessed with you vehicle. while i come to a stop in neutral i noticed my rpm's would rise to 1800 for a breef moment and then drop back down to 800 rpm. the engine light never came on until last night. i got the code P0507(idle control system [rpm too high]) using my diagnostic computer. im thinking it may be caused by one of nissans many awasome sensors (cam or throttle position maybe) might be a vaccum leak. im still looking for whats causing these problems. this car has brought me problems from day one. i bought it thinking it would be a reliable daily driver since i had finished building my 240sx and was looking forward to garaging it. the spec-v has forced me to drive around in my 240sx instead.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
I'm having the same issue.. Any luck? Anyone else?

Its like I get split second fuel cut. Hard starts. No CEL though. Going to dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having the same issue.. Any luck? Anyone else?

Its like I get split second fuel cut. Hard starts. No CEL though. Going to dealership tomorrow.
Yeah, I got it solved. Thanks for asking. It was just a misfire. I replaced each of my spark plugs and a faulty ignition coil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts