Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i went to mineke, and they said waht i should do to make it easier, and yes they told me this..

Get a .5ohm resistor, (or some resistor of that sort), and cut one of the wires, put that resistor in there, and let it weaken the signal, because my 02 sensor is still infront of the cat.... so here goes the question, which wire should i cut to salduer it in there, and secondly, what Ohm resistor should i use?

thanks a billion to anyone who helps.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
well, since I've never heard of this kind of modification before, I can't tell you if it's healthy or not. anyway, as long as the O2 sensor has only 2 wires going to it, it doesn't matter which wire you put the resistor on. Since mostly you should put it on the positive lead (at least that's what I would do) I suggest you find the positive wire to splice. This might sound a bit trivial, but the positive wire is usually the most colorful wire (pretty colors :)).

Also, what do you mean by what Ohm resistor should you use? the guy told you .5ohm right. you're best bet is to go to radioshack and look for the same type of resistor with a 5% tolorence. if you can't find .5 ohm (which I'm trying to think...I've never heard of) look for a 550ohm 5% tolorence resistor.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
4 wires, 2 for sensor heating, 2 for input to ecu, and if you put a resistor to substitute the value the o2 sensor, get ready for crappy running, o2 sensor inputs always vary to compensate for changing air/fuel mixtures, for several practical reasons, the sensor is made of zirconia, which generates voltage values, instead of altering voltage in and out going to ecu, 1v in rich high fuel, and ov in leaner no fuel conditions, black-ground, brown/yellow-power from fuse 18 10amps, white-input to ecu, red/white-heater control.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts