Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger side window will go down but not up using either the master switch or the door switch. The motor was replaced a few months ago and it worked ok for a while. Then it hesitated a couple of times, now it will not go up at all. I can hear the "click" when I pull up on the control. I pulled the switches from both doors and sprayed the contacts with WD40, but didn't help. I've already spent over $300 for the new motor installation and another $70 to have a dealer put the window up after a valet released the lock-out button and put the windows down (long story - I was stranded out of town, blah, blah, blah).
Anyone have any ideas? BTW, this is a great forum.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know if it's your issue exactly but my driver's side window had trouble going up. I sprayed wd-40 in the window guides for a while and it worked but the time between sprays was getting shorter and shorter until the window just wouldn't go up. My mechanic took the door panel off and put silicone goop on the regulator, the motor and the cables and now it's as good as new. It cost $98 for labor (no parts).

·
Registered
7 Posts
WD40 is not what you want to be using for the window guides.

Get some silicone spray and use that only. As was said before, it sounds like you have an electrical problem somewhere...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definately an electrical problem. The window will sometimes go back up if I keep pulling the switch, but it's rare. Anyone have any more ideas?

On the subject of slow windows, I use Shinetsu grease for my Miata window tracks and it works great. It's available from Honda dealerships; kinda pricey but a tube goes a long way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts