Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a bit of a problem. My Frontier has had the ABS light coming on intermittently and just today the CEL came on. I was curious if anyone knows where I can get information on downloading and reading the CEL codes and if anyone else has had problems with the ABS. If so, what were your problems and solutions? I have some warning the ABS light is about to come on, like a buzzing sound, and occassionally some feedback in the brake pedal.

No mods done to the vehicle, has about 49K on it, AT, etc.

I am pretty adept at troubleshooting problems once I get some direction as to where to start and I'm pretty mechanically inclined.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
79 Posts
abs & cel

I had a similar problem with my ABS on my '02 cc lb xev6 auto. I took it into the dealer and it seemed like there was a TSB (tech service bulletin) on an electrical problem with the ABS controller. They fixed it and I haven't had any problems since (over 4,000 mi. since it was done).

I own an OBDII tester (Actron) and you can get the codes from their site for free. Unless you have a tester, you need to go to a place like Autozone to get your code ( they do it for free).

Then you'll need a shop manual or a friend in the business to steer you in the right direction. Really not that hard.

Oh! By the way I also own the shop manuals ( it's 5 books for the '02 Fronty which I bought on E-Bay)

:cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts