Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 02 Sentra GXE that has a sound system issue. One by one her speakers cut out. Now none work right. You have to turn it way up and all you get is highs. Is this just a matter of her blowing her speakers? She has the stereo with tweeters in the A pillars, not sure if all Sentras have them or not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i had almost the same problems with yours! 1st my left side didnt function! then the right got 90% busted! i tried to pull the radio out but i dunno how to? im a newbie!
one day i got so frustrated and tried to mess up with the stereo! i was not able to detect the screws or the right method of pulling the stereo out! but i when i touched the back wires of the stereo, the right side would work like perfect! no left! i would say mine is wirings! i dont know about yours! but we share almost the same situation and the way it happened!

by the way im driving 03 sentra GXE

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jeez I guess it's a rampant problem with those raggidy built Sentra's. I bought mine and left the Nissan dealer without checking the sound system...big mistake. The girl that had it before me (loaner) blew the front speakers out, with the rears not as hot either.

It would help if you could give more info on that cut-out. Any pops, clicks, etc? Do you play it loud?

Btw by your description its easy to deduct that you get highs because the tweeters still operate. The mid and lows aren't driven, thus busted door speakers. I don't have tweeters in mine btw.

You can still check for yourself. A blown speaker is a, well, visually blown speaker. If you can manage to get the panel off the door, which was a headacke, and be careful TO NOT PRY ON THE DOOR LEVER BEZEL because it pops off by itself when you take the whole panel off, check around the cone. Mine had a hole where the membrane was glued to the cone.

Also be careful when you bring it to get detailed. I knew it was going to happen because i had a big stain to get taken care of on the fabric covering the left rear speaker; the shampoo ate the speaker so now im running with one original speaker and some cheap XXX's as replacements in the door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my '02 GXE. The car has the A-Pillar tweeters and single Rockford sub on back deck. I've been scouring the net recently to try to find a fix for it, as I'm sick of driving around with no music. I can probably fix the problem myself, however I'm having no luck finding information on stock stereo removal (step-by-step) and the location of the external amp for the sub. It's not a speaker issue, there's something either wrong with the wiring/amp setup because for a while, it would "pulse" full volume occassionally which indicated that the speakers are just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts