Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started noticing on my 2002 Altima 5 speed that when I let go of the clutch, it feels like it is grinding on something. It doesn't make a lot of noise, but I can just feel it in the clutch pedal. I had the car up on a lift when doing the brakes, and I sprayed down the clutch with lubricant, but it still feels like it's grinding.

Does anyone else notice this? Better yet, does anyone have any technical diagrams/schematics of the clutch assembly for my car that I could look at to see where it might be catching?
Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
el guapo said:
I started noticing on my 2002 Altima 5 speed that when I let go of the clutch, it feels like it is grinding on something. It doesn't make a lot of noise, but I can just feel it in the clutch pedal. I had the car up on a lift when doing the brakes, and I sprayed down the clutch with lubricant, but it still feels like it's grinding.

Does anyone else notice this? Better yet, does anyone have any technical diagrams/schematics of the clutch assembly for my car that I could look at to see where it might be catching?
Thanks! :thumbup:
It is possible it's just in the pedal, not in the actual clutch? When I first got my '02 Altima, I felt a grinding sensation when I would release the clutch. Took it to the dealer and they lubricated the pedal hinge. That fixed the grinding for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts