Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after 100000 miles my exhaust is shot and the dealership wants over $1000 to fix it. does any one know of an aftermarket company that makes a cat back system for a lot less then what the dealer wants. all help will be greatly appreciated. if you do can you please include the model number for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
100k miles on stock exhaust is pretty damn good. if the dealer wants 1k for it (if it's stainless) might be worth it. otherwise just go cheap. maremont, walker, stuff like that. i haven't seen too many performance exhausts on the market. most of the really nice systems are custom made. not too hard to do either. 2-3 pipes and a muffler and that's about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was actually going to be the stock replacement and it wasent for a whole exhaust just the center pipe and the muffler.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hmm...two pieces and labour for 1000. pretty steep. must be stainless. i'd go cheap stuff. find a place with lifetime warranty on their parts that way you don't have to keep paying for parts everytime something gets a hole in it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What about going to a muffler shop? They fixed mine for $20. Cut the piece of pipe that was corroded, replaced with another piece of new pipe and weld..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Definitely get some estimates from several muffler shops. They will be willing to fab up whatever you want with whatever aftermarket components you choose, high flow cats, muffler, etc, for a fraction of what the dealer is asking.

·
Registered
44 Posts
even though my pathfinder has 1/4 the miles yours has, I too have wanted to replace the stock exhaust with something a bit less bulky and possibly better sounding.

Would you replacement systems be a 2-into-1 like the factory setup or would you make it a 2-in, 2-out?

Also, the giganctic first muffler (resonator I think???) on the p-side must weigh quite a bit. I think any system you buy will get rid of some excess weight, but will you keep the 2 can system or will you go to just one muffler.

My problem is finding a resonator with a 2-in, 1-out design like the stock system.

I was thinking of going, 2.5" dia from the cats to the 1st can, then going 3" all the way back after that.

Does this help you out any??? Oh, and a local muffler shop will probably be your best best, just make sure they use full stainless for system longevity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts