Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after experiencing many street successes in my ride recently I figured it was time to go out and find more of a challenge. This time my target was to be domestic. As I am more of a chevrolet man, than a ford, my target would be anything that had 4 more cylinders than I, and carried the chevrolet badge. Well since you can't exactly pick and choose who, and when you want to race on the street due to spontaneity, you just got to go with what you can get. So I was coming home or early thanksgiving morning around 3am just hanging out going slow on the freeway so that more cars can pass me so I have a better chance of getting something going. And as my usual luck goes, especially at this hour, I got nothing. So I take my usual route home after the freeway, and instead of making my normal right hand turn to go home, I see a camaro with dual exhaust sitting at the light to turn left. Fortunately I see it before I get into the right lane. So when I finally catch up to the guy, the light turns green, and he takes off driving slow to normal pace. I then persue him down the road. Then I start the revving ritual on him (not noticing his badges), downshift to second gear, and give it some gas and take off for a short stint. Then hang back and hope something gets going. Then I hear a loud ass rumble of the V8 sounding like a demon from hell. It was something almost indescribable. Almost startled in my seat I punch it and get the jump. Off I go! 3rd gear comes up rather quickly, and before I can even get a 1000 more rpms into 3rd gear, the fucker just shoots past me like I was standing still!!! I mean, to be quite honest, I could have been shifting into reverse and it still would have had the same effect for all the good my 3rd gear was doing me. I mean, at this point and time, my car is running strong as ever, and this guy just humiliates me on the open street!

Later down the road this guy pulls over to Filibertos to get some grub, and I follow. I had to find out what the hell was going on. When I park and get out, I look at the car. First thing that I didn't notice but should have was the gleaming license plate that said something to the effect of 5.0 Mustang Killer. I won't release exactly what it said for privacy reasons though. Then the other thing I should have noticed but didn't was the chrome SS emblems. Other than that, this car had ZR1 chrome replica wheels, and almost everything else stock looking. As much as a camaro could be a sleeper, this was it. After talking to the owner, it turns out that he's pushing nearly 400hp, and 360 torque, running high 11's and low 10's on the bottle. Holy flirkin schnid was I in 'awe' of this great machine! Later respect was given on both sides of the table. His reply for my car was, "I didn't expect it to be that fast." My answer to that was, "holy shit, I didn't expect your car to be that fast either!" The guy obviously knew what up when he was telling his friend that the SR20 motors are strong. I had to do a double take when he said that. A domestic owner knowing what up with the nissans. After I went home, I couldn't get to sleep. Thinking of that beast all night kept me stirring in my bed. That is only the 2nd race I've ever lost... and if all my losses come like that one did, I'll take them every time. That was fuckin awe-some...

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Damn Op! This was truly an inspiring story. I mean you could've told us you waxed the guy and we wouldn't have known any better, but you told us like it was and I most definitely believe you. Nowaday, you don't know who has what lurking under their hoods, but the only way to find out is engage in battle and if you lose, hold your head up high especially if it's against a high-powered domestic. Great story!

Dee

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I'm a firm believer in a man's word is a man's word. Honesty is what its all about for me. And I plan on staying that way. The thing is that I have nothing to prove to anyone, so why spread bullshit? Life would be boring if we just won all the time. It might seem effortless and cheap after a while if we always won everything we compteted in. But as long as both sides are respectfull, everyone goes home happy. It's not if you win or lose, its how you play the game. If me and my car were prize fighters, we would still be known as 'champs' considering the amount of wins vs. losses. I still know my car has got what it takes, even if our ego's get shaken up a bit from time to time. Maybe tomorrow I'll go find some uncle ben's special to race... just to reinforce what I already know... :D

vrooom......pppshhhh.... PEACE!

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ditto. The long wheel base of a camaro makes you feel like your in a rocket ship when pushed by the appropriate horsepower and torque. I used to ride around in a old coworkers 12 second Z28. That was just sickly fun. One day.... one day....

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
OPIUM3 said:
Ditto. The long wheel base of a camaro makes you feel like your in a rocket ship when pushed by the appropriate horsepower and torque. I used to ride around in a old coworkers 12 second Z28. That was just sickly fun. One day.... one day....
Time for more boost!

Mike

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
morepower2 said:
Time for more boost!

Mike
No kidding! All I need now is an FPR, and fuel pump and I'm upping it from 7 to 12. That should help fight off those other camaros a little bit. But It still won't be no high 11's camaro killer. Oh well, can't have it all. I'll settle for high 12's :D

drift240sxdrag said:
i wish my car was fast :(
I wish I had a 240... (along with tons of other cars)

·