Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:newbie: here!

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my family's 2001 Sentra GXE. The automatic transmission is not shifting smoothly from first to second gear. At any speed (latest test was at 20 MPH), there is a hard shift from first to second gear occurring at around 3000 RPM. Problem only lies at that gear; the higher gears shift smoothly. No known tranny fluid leaks on the vehicle.

I had recently found out of the massive Sentra recall of '03 (crankshaft position sensor) which I plan on inquiring Nissan about, but could that or the other recall (computer replacement) have an effect on the A/T gear shifting?

Thanks!

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
Sorry but I can't help with the trans problem but to answer your question...No...the recalls have nothing to do with your trans issue...:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry but I can't help with the trans problem but to answer your question...No...the recalls have nothing to do with your trans issue...:)
Thanks for your input. Now that the problem isn't related to the recall, I'll ask about the control valve assembly. NTB04-035 seems to confirm the conditions the car is experiencing. The NTB suggests replacing the control valve assembly. Anyone ever replaced that before? Wondering to see if it's easy enough to do myself or take to a trans shop for replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Similar problem here... i find some times when i back out of my driveway and put the car into gear (at tranny) I find the car feels like it starts in second and wont rev past 2 grand.. i find if i stop the car put it in park then turn it back on the problem goes away.. noticed it on when the car breaks traction in snow... mind you the car has to bounce of the rev limiter in order to do so... but im still worried never the less... fluids are all level aswell.. I know there is a way of getting the sick codes from your transmission.. I waiting on a transmission flush with a thicker fluid to see if it helps.. if not it could be clutch issue in the tranny itself which coould be expensive.. let me know if you hear anything..! as i will do the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts