Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't own a sentra (i did) but my mom does. Her car is a 2001 Sentra SE 4-speed auto...I believe it has the sr20 motor in it?

Anyhoo, the car hasn't had many problems, but every now and then, we'll go to start the car and it'll be flooded. Apparently the dealership hasn't been able to find anything wrong with the car. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Could it be a bad ECU or injectors?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My girlfriend was having the same problem with her '03 Pathfinder. I noticed that she was starting the car right away. I mean, she was turning the key from position 1 to start in one shot. I told her to turn the key from 1 to Accessories (when all the lights on the instrument cluster come on), and then wait for about 2 seconds before cranking it. The idea is to allow enough time for the fuel pump to send fuel to the engine. She hasn't had that problem since. A friend with a 2003 SE-R had the same problem, I told him what to do and problem fixed. Try doing that. Hope it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.